Monday, September 12, 2022

Week 3B - Developing a Brand

 Starting with the development of my brand, I would need to research unmet market needs and find both a consumer base and need that I can personally connect with or get behind. I feel that in order to have a successful business your passion, care, or emotion have to be invested in it somehow to feel fulfilled and dedicated to its success. I wouldn't want myself as the face of the brand, I'm more interested in a logo that can be shared and connected with by people of all walks of life. In plain terms - I am a white woman of a certain level of privilege. 

I am mostly interested in starting a non-profit and I have the experience and privilege to know that young, white women are not going to always be the people benefiting from a service I could fund and provide outreach with. I wouldn't use a tagline -  I think that non-profits as a whole can mean different things to different people (community, survival, support, connections, etc.) and a tagline would box in to much what people could connect with. 

As far as colors and fonts I would focus mostly on softer, light hearted, and gender-neutral colors and font types. I would want to provide a sense of comfort, peace, joy, and escape without marketing solely towards one specific gender or demographic. People seeking help from a non-profit have values, a sense of self, and pride and I would never want someone to reconsider my services or outreach based solely on how accessible or comfortable they felt being part of the community. I also think that bright punchy colors or font would almost commercialize or make a cartoony statement of the help I want to provide. 

I think overall I want an aesthetic of welcoming warmth and community energy. I would want the people receiving outreach from me to feel a part of my family, a part of my life, and to feel that they matter and are not just numbers. I believe that respect and empowerment are important parts of outreach and non-profit work. I don't want people who interact with my non-profit to feel as if they are taking but that they are receiving support and love from those who are truly interested in their well being. 

While I don't have a set idea, demographic, or business yet that I would like to brand I do know the feelings I want to incorporate which I think is a great roadmap for moving forward. I can use that map to make decisions about marketing, branding, verbiage, media, and channels for sharing. I am better able to evaluate the success I want, as well as failures I may encounter, in terms of how I want to make others feel and how I want them to view me. This will lead to the best decision making and decisions that I can come up with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17 Wrapping Up

 Overall, I’m glad this class was required and that I took it. Prior to this class I knew that social media and social media marketing was i...