Monday, December 19, 2022

Week 17 Wrapping Up

 Overall, I’m glad this class was required and that I took it. Prior to this class I knew that social media and social media marketing was incredibly important but I never realized all of the impacts it can have on your business. I had also never seen the back end, or inner workings, of tools and business pages. 

I think that my viewpoint has changed from a business perspective - I can see now how vital now only using, but mastering, social media is for a business. However personally no my opinions haven’t changed and I don’t expect my usage to go up. 

From a technical standpoint I have a much better idea of how to use social media to develop a successful business. I can see now how scheduling and types of content can lead to positive and negative interactions between businesses and their customers. I also realize how important it is to know where to find data, how to read it, and how to interpret what digital data is telling you about your customer and your businesses’ success. 

The biggest successes I noticed were by businesses and brands who harnessed social media to deliver who they were, put on a personable attitude, and directly reach customers. Certain Brands like Wendys and Taco Bell are known for their hilarious Tweets and customer conversations. On the other hand, the biggest failures I noticed came from brands and businesses who neglected their social media. You can, on a very small scale, have a successful business that relies on word of mouth or local connected customers only, but you can’t grow or scale up that way. Unkempt social media pages remind me a lot of dirty or empty store fronts - you immediately assume the business is not doing well or closed completely. 

I committed during the pandemic to only shopping small and Instagram or Tik Tok have been my main sources for finding and making purchases. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17 Wrapping Up

 Overall, I’m glad this class was required and that I took it. Prior to this class I knew that social media and social media marketing was i...