Friday, August 26, 2022

Week1A: My Blog Theme

     The blog theme I have really is a two part look into who I am as a person. Most importantly, I picked a picture of my family as the background. I picked this photo, and overall picked a family photo, because my husband and my son are really my motivation for getting through school and being successful. In times that are difficult I find myself most able to focus and be productive when I am thinking about them and focusing on the future that we are having looking forward too. Secondly, this photo is a very happy moment. My 28th birthday and my son's 6 month 'birthday' were within five days of each other. For my birthday my husband paid for us to get family photo's done, because it means a lot to me to have photos and memories, and we ended up capturing how happy we are to be a family. 

    I picked a darker, more shaded, muted theme because it kind of meets my personal aesthetic as a person. I very much enjoy darker, quieter, solemn decorations. My personal style could be described as "Southern Gothic" and my house is even decorated to match. I find that darker background on the computer are also really good for my eyes! I work from home on my computer, as well as school, so after long days its nice to be not staring at a bright screen. I do most of my work at night while my son sleeps, and the darker colors also disturb him less. Its a good pick of practical and preference. 

    The only other change I really made was the text color! I really love yellow, and the goldenrod yellow was a very happy choice. As much as I like dark solemnness, I think that its incredibly important to always enjoy color and enjoy the beauty of the world around us. Yellow makes me think of sunshine, warmth, joy, and brand new bright days. 

2 comments:

  1. I find it really cool that you added a personal touch to your blog. I also found that dark backgrounds are better for my eyes too. When I'm working on things late at night sometimes the light backgrounds can be a bit blinding, but I'm mostly used to it at this point. I also think that the yellow really stands out because of the black background, so I think it was a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cassidy, I just wanted to say I love your theme. That picture is amazing and your baby is so cute! The yellow on the gray really pops too and I like how you personalized it, it feels very "Homey" and warm. Anyway, I hope you have a good day and best of luck with the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete

Week 17 Wrapping Up

 Overall, I’m glad this class was required and that I took it. Prior to this class I knew that social media and social media marketing was i...